Andrew C. D. SmithAssociate
- Bar admission-Bahamas, 2018
Andrew Smith is an associate at McKinney, Bancroft and Hughes who is well-versed in matters relating to financial services as well as commercial law and litigation. His experience makes him an authority on issues relating to the Commercial Entities (Substance Requirements) Act.
Andrew attended the College of The Bahamas (now University of The Bahamas), where he obtained his Associate of Arts Degree. He then transitioned into the University of The West Indies, where he completed his LL.B. Andrew then continued his education at Eugene Dupuch Law School. He was admitted to the Bahamas Bar in 2018, the same year he joined McKinney,
Bancroft and Hughes.
Outside of the office, Andrew enjoys exercising, particularly swimming. He is passionate about scuba diving and is a PADI certified advanced open water scuba diver. Andrew also makes time to engage with the local community and is a member of Phi Beta Sigma, a civic organisation focused on community service initiatives.
Notable academic and professional achievements
- Served as the student representative at the College of The Bahamas
- Served as the President of the School Students’ Association and member of the environmental law office at EDLS.
- Awarded the Tutor’s Prize and the environmental law prize upon graduation at EDLS
- Co-authored an environmental report on The Bahamas, which was published by the International Union on the Conservation of Nature during 2017-2018.
- Assisted in the drafting of environmental legislation for the protection of coral reefs and land and sea parks within The Bahamas.
- Bahamas, 2018