John Fritzgerald Wilson Q.C. is an accomplished commercial litigator who is renowned for his problem-solving skills and ability to advocate effectively for his clients. He completed his LLB with honours at the University of Buckingham in England. John then attended BPP Law School, where he became one of the few Bahamians to ever receive honours on the Michalemus Bar exams. He was admitted to the English Bar in July of 1994 and called to Bahamas Bar in September 1994.
John is widely respected by his peers, and his experience is extensive. He is known for his unmatched ability to advocate on behalf of his clients and his specialties include trust and commercial litigation and private client advisory. John has proven himself to be an accomplished attorney over the years.
In 2006, John became the first non-English Barrister to appear as lead counsel before Her Majesty’s Privy Council during a landmark case. In the Judgment of the Privy Council, Baroness Hale commented that John presented the case with “skill economy and charm.” These comments highlight why John is one of the most sought after commercial litigators in The Bahamas.
Despite his accomplishments and dedication to his trade, John is not all brain and the law. He enjoys spending time with his family and coaches soccer. John is also a member of the Salvation Army and The Bahamas Red Cross Society.
Other Notable Achievements
- Chairman of the Airport Authority
- In February 2020 John was appointed one of Her Majesty’s Counsels (QC)
- Regularly featured as a contributing author in Carter Ruck on Libel and Privacy and The International Real Estate Handbook
- Awarded The Bahamas’ Chamber of Commerce Business Person of the Year
- Awarded the Jones Communication Person of the Year