Hartis Pinder was a partner of the firm for 30 years, and now serves as a valued consultant. He is a true testament to the fact that the firm has employed some of the greatest legal minds in the country, and is highly regarded throughout The Bahamas as an accomplished attorney.
Hartis was called to The Bahamas Bar in September of 1972, having articled with the late Hon. Donald B. McKinney, then Senior Partner of McKinney, Bancroft & Hughes.
For the past 42 years, Hartis has assisted homeowners, small business owners, real estate developers, landlords, tenants, and other commercial clients with complex and intricate real estate transactions. He is also well-versed in areas of the law dealing with corporate and corporate finance, mergers and acquisition, share offering and company reorganization.
Hartis believes in honesty and integrity, and is known professionally for his thoroughness. He also prides himself on being able to satisfy the needs of his clients, and his legal prowess has not gone unnoticed.
In 1998, during the twenty-fifth anniversary of the independence of the Commonwealth of The Bahamas, the Bahamian Government issued a Silver Jubilee Award to Hartis in recognition of outstanding contribution to national development in the area of law.
Outside of the office, Hartis enjoys reading, gardening, and being at home. He also prizes the time with his grandchildren.
- Served as a Bahamas Bar Council Member
- Lecturer in the area of Real Property for The Bahamas Bar Association
- Director in various local banks and institutions in The Bahamas.
- Appointed by the Bahamian Government to serve as the Chairman of the Real Property Tax Tribunal.
- Legal advisor for the Methodist Church of The Bahamas and
- Legal advisor to Queen’s College, one of the country’s premiere educational institutions.