Diane Stewart is a partner of the firm, as well as a proven and experienced attorney who specializes in civil litigation. She was called to The Bahamas’ Bar in October 1985 after completion of her studies at York University and the University of the West Indies (UWI).
A skilled litigator both in and out of the courtroom, Diane specializes in litigation matters within various areas of law such as banking, insurance, competition, employment and family law. She brings sharp, lucid analytical skills and unmatched accuracy to the table, and values integrity above all else. Diane is passionate about tackling complex problems and achieving results for her clients, as well as providing mentorship to fledgling lawyers.
Some of Diane’s notable current and previous appointments include:
- Acting Justice of the Supreme Court
- Associate Lecturer and Tutor at Eugene Dupuch Law School
- Member of the Council of the College of The Bahamas
- Registrar of Examinations for The Bahamas Bar Association
- Chairman of the Mental Health Review Tribunal.
- Vice-Chancellor of the Anglican Diocese of the Bahamas & Turks & Caicos Islands
- Director of First Caribbean International Bank.
- Director of Capital Life Insurance Company (Bahamas) Ltd.
Diane has also been recognized with awards such as the Zontian of the Year Award, Kiwanis Service to Youth Award, and Appreciation Award from the College of The Bahamas Union of Students.
Outside of her professional career, Diane is passionate about her hobbies, which include reading, music, playing the piano, and directing a choir. She also volunteers with her church and is an avid supporter of the Zonta Club of New Providence as well as the AIDS Foundation.
The senior attorney has expressed that she wants to be remembered for being caring, honest, and fair, and she wants people to know that she will always put her best effort forward on behalf of every client, no matter the circumstances.
- Bahamas, 1985