Berchel Wilson is an associate at McKinney, Bancroft and Hughes, where she lends her legal expertise on matters relating to environmental law, taxation, intellectual property, civil and commercial litigation, and more. She joined the firm in 2017, and she has continued to hone her legal skills since.
Berchel was born on March 3 rd, 1992 in New Providence. She grew up on the island of Grand Bahama, where she graduated from Sir Jack Hayward High School in 2009. Opting to pursue her interest in law, Berchel transplanted to New Providence to enroll in the then College of The Bahamas.
Upon graduating with her Associates of Law and Criminal Justice in 2012, Berchel enrolled in the University of the West Indies (at the College of The Bahamas) to pursue a Bachelors of Law, which she successfully attained with upper second-class honors in 2015. Not long after, during the fall of 2015, Berchel began her journey at the Eugene Dupuch Law School.
Berchel’s academic career has been defined by her ability to distinguish herself from her peers, and her long list of notable achievements includes the following:
- Served as Deputy Chief Chancellor of the then College of The Bahamas Law Society.
- Served as Director of Public Relations for the University of the West Indies Law Society and LLB Senator for the College of The Bahamas Union of Students (prior to the school’s transitioning to the University of The Bahamas).
- Member of the Environmental Law Clinic and the Criminal Law Clinic at the Eugene Dupuch Law School.
- Served as a first-year representative, then President of the Student’s Association at the Eugene Dupuch Law School.
- Participated in American Caribbean Law Initiative Clinic Moot and the Commercial Law and Financial Services & STEP Bahamas Moot.
- Received numerous awards at the Eugene Dupuch Law School, including The Bahamas Bar Council Prize for the Best Performing Student Over Two Years.
Given her varied roles and diverse experience, Berchel has proven herself to be a skilled and adaptable attorney. This has carried over to her work at McKinney, Bancroft and Hughes. Her experience as a Certified Trainer for LexisNexis has made her an invaluable researcher and also given her the ability to pass this skill onto her fellow colleagues.
Outside of her trade, Berchel is avid music lover and sport enthusiast, particularly in regards to football and basketball. She also enjoys participating in community service initiatives such as volunteering at the local animal shelter and spending time with her family.