Alexandria Russell was born and raised in Freeport, Grand Bahama. From a very young age she was dedicated in pursuing a career in law and began her journey to realize her dream. She graduated from Bishop Michael Eldon School, formally known as Freeport Anglican High School, in 2009.
She began her tertiary education at the then College of the Bahamas obtaining her Bachelors of Arts in English Language and Literature with distinction in 2014. In 2017 she was a part of the first class to graduate from the Law Programme at the University of the Bahamas and obtained
her Bachelors of Law with distinction.
Alexandria attended Bar School in Nassau at the Eugene Dupuch Law School and completed the programme at the top of her class in 2019. She was then called to the Bahamas Bar in December 2019.
During the ten years of her tertiary education, Alexandria had not only excelled in academics but also participated in extracurricular activities which has resulted in a long list of accomplishments which includes:
- Vice President of the College of the Bahamas Branch of Sigma Tau Delta English Honour Writing Society (2013-2014)
- College of the Bahamas English Studies Award for Academic Excellence 2014
- University of the Bahamas LLB Scholar Award for Academic Excellence 2017
- Participated in the Price Media Moot Competition 2018 (New York) and the American Caribbean Law Initiative Clinic Moot (Fall 2018)
- Member of the Eugene Dupuch Law School Environmental Law Clinic
- Eugene Dupuch Law School Best Performing Year II Student, Best Performing Student Over Two Years 2019 and other awards
Alexandria is hard working and dedicated to self-improvement. Her goal as an attorney is to ensure that her clients are represented to the best of her ability and to be reliable in every aspect of her work.
In her free time Alexandria is an avid baker and a bookworm with a keen interest in history, especially Bahamian history. She enjoys spending time with her family traveling to Grand Bahama as much as possible. Alexandria is also a devoted Anglican and a member of the Church of the Holy Spirit in New Providence.